The interview experience your organization provides is a reflection of who you are and what you believe in. Therefore, it’s important to take the time make it a positive one that revolves around your company’s mission and vision. Here are some tips to help you create an interview experience that properly reflects your company’s culture.
If your organization values teamwork, it’s important to make sure the employees you hire are good team players. By asking these types of questions during the interview process, you can find out whether they can come together with your other employees and work in a team-centered culture.
- Do you prefer to work on your own or with a team?
- How do you cope with various personalities in the workplace?
- How would other managers and colleagues describe working with you?
Find Out About Motivation
As an employer, you value hardworking employees who are motivated and will go above and beyond to help meet your company’s goals. These questions can help you determine how motivated a candidate is and whether they’ll be a strong asset to your organization.
- Why are you excited about this position?
- If you do get hired, what do you hope to accomplish?
- How do you manage your time when you have multiple projects and limited time?
To foster a positive work environment and reduce turnover, you need to hire people who are kind and care about the feelings of others. This is particularly the case if you hire employees that frequently interact with customers or clients. Here are a few questions that can help you assess the empathy of a candidate:
- What would you do if a customer was upset?
- How do you cope with work-related stress?
- What would you do if you knew a colleague was having a rough day?
Contact Chane Solutions
With a bit of planning, you can ensure you are asking the right interview questions to make the most informed hiring decisions. For more information on how to create an interview experience that reflects your organization’s culture, contact Chane Solutions, a quality employment screening and drug testing provider today.