Hiring employees is among your most important duties as a business leader. You’re bringing on board people who you’ll be trusting with significant responsibilities that impact your business and its people. So, you should settle for nothing less than excellence when it comes to background screening.
It’s critical to maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations and, at the same time, provide a safe environment for your employees, customers, vendors, and visitors. That’s why it’s so important to work with only the best screening firms. And “best” means “accredited.”
Accreditation by the Professional Background Screening Solutions Association (PBSA) is the gold standard you need to look for in screening firms. It means a company adheres to strict PBSA standards and guidelines and is committed to excellence in its field. PBSA is the only program that proves a provider’s procedures are compliant with industry best practices and affirms first-class industry knowledge and expertise.
To become accredited, screening firms must pass rigorous on-site reviews of their policies and procedures conducted by independent auditors. Areas covered include a company’s:
- Ability to train and educate its clients.
- Accuracy of background screening specialists and products.
- Consumer protection.
- Depth of products.
- Information security.
- Legal compliance.
- Organizational integrity and ethics.
- Quality and accuracy of public record researchers.
Why Choose an Accredited Provider
Screening companies may talk about their commitment to quality, but accredited firms are willing to put in the money, manpower, hours, effort, and resources to earn accreditation status. And their accreditation status results in more efficient operations and makes them better equipped to service their clients.
You should partner with an accredited background screening firm:
- For their commitment to quality. Earning accreditation requires demonstrating compliance with 58 different clauses. It’s all or nothing. After completing an application process, once a company is ready, they must submit a desk review of all their policies and procedures and then undergo their site audit.
- Because they operate above industry standards, accredited screening firms must meet or exceed recognized best practices.
- For their serious concern for security and privacy. In addition to the best technology and IT teams, accredited screening companies must have ongoing staff training, along with effective processes and tight procedures in place and executed on a daily basis. This ensures that their employees protect the sensitive information they work with every day.
- For their laser focus on compliance. Accreditation means a screening firm understands and adheres to all their legal duties and can likewise help you to do the same.
Chane Solutions is a PBSA accredited firm and a trusted source for all your background screening and drug testing needs. Founded in 2006, we are a nationwide industry leader with a firm belief that staying compliant and conducting proper due diligence at every step of the hiring process is a top priority. Read our related posts or reach out to us today to learn more.